Monday, February 6, 2012

What it means to me.

Welcome to my new blog.

When I was young I often saw old people and wondered what on earth they could do day by day.  Most of them used canes.  Many were either using walkers or in wheelchairs.  Wow.  I sure didn't want to be old and do nothing.  Now I am old, 86, and I don't think I am that stereotyped old person I saw.

Basically I just want to write how I spend my days, rather it is painting, doing craft work, going to Good Will or local second hand stores.  If I go to church and what that means to me.  How I socialize.  If you are old, or hope you make it to old age, you may get some ideas from what I say.

For example, right now I can smell the banana bread I have baking.  I make it quite often as I can't use up my fruit fast enough.  On top of that, I love it.  Yum.  A slice of heaven and a good hot cup of coffee. 

The one  thing that has changed a lot in my old age.  I don't keep up my housework like I did when I was younger.  In the first place it is too difficult for me.  Secondly, I have so many fun things I want to do I can't see wasting my time cleaning house when I can be junking or painting etc.

I have decided to use a Mantra for the rest of my life.    When I thought of the title of my blog I was only thinking of what I do day by day, but then I thought of Godspell and the song Day by Day.  I love the words and they certainly apply to  how I hope to live the rest of my life.  They are:\

Day by day,
Day by day,
Oh dear Lord
three things I pray.
To see Thee More clearly,
Love Thee more dearly,
Follow the more nearly,
 Day by day,
Day by day.

So until next time,
By Kind to One Another

Joyce

1 comment:

  1. When I think of you, Joyce... "old" is not one of the words that come to mind. Instead, just an example of a few words that do: wise; compassionate; talented; intelligent; mentor; teacher; fun; happy; friend... and most of all: YOUNG! To me, no matter what age number you achieve, you will always be forever young to me. You're the kind of person I want to be when I'm "old"... and knowing you makes me look forward to becoming old. You are so fun to hang out with. I am so honored that I got the priviledge to have you in my life! I love you!

    ReplyDelete