Wednesday, February 22, 2012

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN

The other day I posted a you tube video of people making the sounds of rain and thunder with their body.  Not one person said they liked it or made a comment about it.  I was curious if anyone even watched it.  I know it has been around for a while, but I think it is worth watching again.  If you saw it, didn't you like it?  if you did like it I would be interested to know it.

Personally, I thought it was super.  How could anyone get that many people together to create such perfect sounds that I shivered from the cold of the rain and could almost smell the scent of dry earth getting a drink of water.  I wondered how it could be synchronized so perfectly.

In doing a little research I found that it is rather a common occurrence and that many kids have participated in doing this very thing in school.  It seems that this procedure is often used to help people think in unison.  It was suggested in the article4 that I read that  it is a good "game" to play with kids when starting a project on the environment..  If any of you are interested in trying this with a group, go on Internet and get the article called How to Make Rain Sounds by Snapping  by John Jackman.

I wondered how the conductor could get everyone snapping their fingers in unison, but it seems that it is actually better if they are not in time with one another. The leader just needs to direct some of the people to stop as the rain settles down.

I could listen to this every day.  For some reason it reminds me of back home.  We had some terrific rain storm es and I remember going out on our front porch and watching the rain.  I loved it.

Until nest time,
Be kind to one another.

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment