Sunday, March 4, 2012

So What's New?

What is new day by day in my life?  Well, in the past couple of weeks I have gone out to lunch, once with a friend from church, once with a girl I taught 40 years ago and finally with my son.  (No wonder I have weight problems:)) 

Wendsday I had another shot in my eye.  The Dr. said my eyes looked good.  Of course my eyes won't get better, but these shots are to keep them from gettingt any worse.  It is a miracle what the medical world can do now.  When I was young this would never have taken place.  I am so lucky to be living in thisd day and age.

Missed church this morning as I overslept.  Glad God understands.  Janie and I are going to go next week if she can wake me up in time.  I have to have someone call me as I don't wake up on my own.  Pastor says his sermons are on the Internet, but so far I haven't been able to find them. 

Recently I received an email with a prayer on it.  I am going to post it here as I think it is,a good one.  It is said to be a prayer of St. Teresa.  Maria Shiver mentioned it in her speech at Tom Russet's funeral. 

Today may there be peace within.  may you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.  May you not forget the infinite  possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others.  May you use the gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you.  May you be content with yourself just the way you are.  Let this knowledge settle into your bones and allow yourself the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.  It is there for each and every one of us.

Well, guess it is time to go make another loaf of banana bread.  The poor bananas are black, hope they will still be good.

Until next time,
Be Kind to One Another

Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Joyce. I needed to hear that prayer!

    ReplyDelete