Monday, July 9, 2012

JOYCE'S JOTS

Have you heard the story of America's Hero Dog for 2011?  There was a short blurb about her in Sunday's paper and I was so impressed I thought I should tell you about her.

Her name is Roselle.  She died in June of 2011 at the age of l3 years.   What did she do to become so famous?  She saved a man's life in a very dramatic way.

When the World Trades Center was demolished, on 9/11,Michael Hingson , a blind man, was working in his office on the 78th floor.  Reselle led that gentleman down 1,483 steps to safety, saving his life.

I am a big dog lover and it amazes me when an animal can do such  magnificent things.   God bless our furry friends who  make our life so complete.  Three cheers to a very special Yellow Labrador.

Until next time,
Be Kind to One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment