Tuesday, June 19, 2012

JOYCE'S JOTS

I just put a loaf of banana bread in the oven.  Tried something new.  I added a cup of fresh blueberries.  Will it be fantastic or a flop?  Only time will tell.  I let you know later.

Had a great day yesterday.  I had pizza with a group of girls I taught over forty years ago.  It was so much fun to figure out who they were (a couple I recognized) and to learn all about their lives now.  They were a happy group and within a few minutes you would have thought we had seen each other just the other day.  Good friends have no trouble relating.

I was sorry to learn of the death of two of the "girl's: husbands. 

Two of the girls were still happily married to their high school sweethearts.  That is so great.  All of them had interesting stories to tell and one girl brought her ninety plus mom, who was certainly young at heart.

It is getting harder and harder for me to go places.  Wish I had a big house and I could just have them all come here.

I missed a few of the girls that said they were coming, but didn't make it.  I have always though so much of all "my kids" and I am very happy that they invited me.  Thanks kids.

Until next time,
Be kind to one another.

Joyce

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time with your friends! I love friends like that, when you can just pick up where you left off.

    Let us know how your blueberry-banana bread turns out!

    ReplyDelete